When we asked you for feedback after GP Paris 2014, you massively told us you wanted Friday trials to start faster.
That was hard to hear, since we started about 11 trials in one hour. Compared to the usual, we felt this was very good.
But we heard you and this motivated us to craft a better system.
Therefore, we thought hard to come up with an innovative system that we tested (and approved) at GP Strasbourg. Since you're planning on coming on Friday (otherwise you would not read this article, would you?), let's go along with you through the process that made us start 11 trials in 20 minutes in Strasbourg:
Step 1 : Prepare your decklist
We'll have an area for you to sit and write down the content of your decklist. We'll provide decklists that you can use.
It's even quicker for you if you bring yours from home. Note that in this case, it needs to comply with a few elements:
- Have your name
- Have your DCI Number (if you do not have one, click here)
- Be in one of following formats: A4 (21cm*29.7com) or Letter (8.5in*11in)
Be kind and comply with this : This makes the work of the judge who starts your tournament easier and therefore enhances the speed for starting your tournament.
Of course, if you're missing a few cards, you'll be able to buy them at our official vendors.
Step 2 : Enter the queue
To be able to enter the queue you need:
- A decklist ready: You must show your decklist to the judge controlling entrance to the queue.
- Cash ready: To ensure the fastest start of your tournament, we will accept cash only.
In Krakow, we will accept both Zlotys and Euros for your convenience. By bringing the exact change, you help us making your day smoother
Step 3 : Reach the table
A Staff member will take the first 32 players in the line to your Trial area, symbolized by a Specific Planeswalker.
This is the area you will play your first three rounds (until Top4)
Step 4 : At the Trial area
- You can sit anywhere in your Trial area.
- A Staff member will give you a registration slip at the table in exchange for the entry fee.
Again, if you have the exact change, that will help us a lot.
- The judge will collect the decklists.
- Then the judge will collect the Registration slips.
Once you're there, you're ready to enjoy playing Magic.
We'll distribute the play mat during your first round!
We believe that there should be less than 10 minutes between the moment you enter the queue and the moment you start playing your first round !
Interested? Want to play all day long for a fixed price? Check out our Infinite Trials Package.
See you on Friday !